FREE Home Survey Provided
- Safe, discreet, and energy efficient heating for your home
- Healthier and more economical than radiators!
- Space saving
Underfloor heating is pure luxury in your home – imagine a lovely warm bathroom floor on a chilly morning!
But apart from warm toes, underfloor heating has so many great benefits.
- The heat feels more natural than radiators. The whole room receives heat, which rises naturally and circulates. It’s not dependent on one heat source like a radiator.
- It’s not intrusive – there are no radiators in the way, restricting how you can use your room.
- It’s economical, because the water doesn’t need to be heated to as high a temperature as for radiators.
- It’s safe, particular if you have young children, as there are no exposed hot pipes or panels.
- It’s healthy! With radiators, dust is blown around the room on a current of hot air. You don’t get that with underfloor heating.
Two types of underfloor heating systems
- Wet underfloor heating systems run on hot water, piped in coils underneath the surface of the floor. This is a good option for new build and refurbishment projects, and for more extensive areas.
- Dry underfloor heating systems run on electricity. Electric cables are laid in a coil pattern under the floor, which heat up when they receive electrical power. This is a popular choice for smaller installations and for retrospective fitting.
Run your underfloor heating with Solar Power if Electric or Airsource if a Wet System!
Underfloor heating works brilliantly in combination with renewable energy sources. A great idea is to use the electricity generated by solar PV panels to power your electric underfloor heating – or to use highly efficient Air Source Heating for a wet system – a luxurious and sustainable heating solution for your home!
Smart Performance – experienced National underfloor heating installers
Because our team at Smart are experts in both plumbing and electrical installations, we can you give you informed and unbiased advice about which underfloor system will work best for you.
We supply and install all the major underfloor heating brands on the market, many of which come with long guarantees for your peace of mind.
And because we install more than just underfloor heating, we can advise you on a whole range of renewables to help make your home cosier and more energy efficient.
Call today to ask for a free quote for underfloor heating.
Here are some of the questions we’re often asked about underfloor heating. Get in touch with us and we’ll be happy to answer any other questions you have!
Is it just for new homes, or can I retrofit underfloor heating?
For new homes or renovations it’s easier to plan and install the system while the home is being built. But it is quite possible to install underfloor heating retrospectively.
Installing underfloor heating retrospectively may involve removing the floor – or sometimes it’s possible to place on the existing floor and add a new floor on top (raising the overall level of the floor slightly). Speak to our energy consultants and we’ll be happy to advise you.
Does underfloor heating work with my floor type?
Underfloor heating will work with most floor surfaces, including wood and laminate, carpet, vinyl, stone and slate. But each has different insulating properties which need to be taken in account when planning the system and the floor covering.
Brilliant service with great communication. I will be recommending Smart Performance to my friends.
Everyone we met did an excellent job. All where pleasant and knowledgeable. This was a big investment for us and we had to make sure this was the right decision for us.
We took the option of upgrading our solar system and at the same time we installed an air source heating system with the nano. The installation team spent an extra day at our house as we had an old heating system (20 years) which takes a bit more time I am told.
Thankfully everything went exceedingly smoothly and we are being well looked after..Liz Foster
Smart Performance understood my …
Smart Performance understood my requirements perfectly and provided me with much advice based on undoubted industry experience and expertise.
A professional approach from initial inquiry to the installation of the Air Source Nano system. I look forward to many years of benefits.
We originally had solar panels and upgraded with an air source heat pump
We have been using Smart Performance …
working really well, then we had a battery and Smart PV and now we have had the Nano
Heating System. As always great job. Thank you.
The best price
informative. Everything went smoothly from end to end. After signing the contract, the solar panels were installed and completed in about 4 weeks.
Thank you So much John and the boys
Thank you So much John and the boys,
I have been worried for my mother's system and your package has given me real piece of mind.